
Have you heard this one?
Knock knock.
Who's There
Impatient Cow
Impati Moo!
Ok, so maybe it's funnier told in person.
Lately I have been noticing a lot of impatient people. Myself included. But in the wake of Hurricane Ike, it has become even more evident. The first thing I noticed was a person on the news complaining about not having electricity less than 2 days after the storm! There are many traffic lights around town that are either non-functional or missing altogether. Most people have realized by now to treat them like a 4-way stop. However, I don't know how many times I've seen people zip through the intersection as soon as it was clear whether it was their turn or not.
So why have we become so impatient? Even as I write this I worry that writing more than 50 words will cause people to lose interest. Some would blame our growing impatience on technology. I think I agree. Think about how many times the camera angle changes during a TV show. Or how Google has spoiled us into thinking that information should never be more than 2 clicks away.
Sometimes I wish for a simpler life without technology. The ironic thing is that technology is what pays the bills at the Hucklebuck home for I am a software engineer at an institution known for its technological advances.
Am I alone on this? Does anybody else think that the technology that is supposed to make our lives better has just made it more complicated? Well, gotta run. I'll text you the rest of this blog while my GPS guides me to Circuit City.

No comments:
Post a Comment